April 24, 2020
In an ongoing effort to reduce the risk of exposure to COVID-19, Johnson City Eye Clinic and Surgery Center would like to encourage all patients and visitors to wear a mask when entering the facility. Please be aware that we are unable to provide masks due to supply limitations.
We must also ask that only one visitor accompany you to your appointment so that we may ensure safe distancing measures in the waiting areas.
If you are scheduled for surgery, please be aware that your family member or driver will be required to wait in the car. We will call to let them know when your procedure is complete.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation during these times of social distancing and increased security measures. As always, our goal is to ensure your health and safety.
March 31, 2020
Johnson City Eye Clinic is now offering appointments via Tele-Video services. Tele-Video services allow our patients the option to receive the eye care they need in the comfort and safety of their homes. Our patients may now communicate directly with their eye care provider via personal computer, tablets, or smartphone with built-in cameras.
We remain focused on the safety and health of all of our patients and staff during these unprecedented times of quarantine and social distancing. Our offices are open and prepared to provide emergent and urgent eye care services and we are taking precautionary cleansing and sanitizing measures set forth by CDC guidelines. However, Tele-Video services provides those patients who prefer not to visit the office with another option to connect with their JCEC physician.
To request a Tele-Video visit with your Johnson City Eye Clinic physician, please call or click on the link below to request an appointment from the comfort of your own home.
March 26, 2020
Given the most recent CDC and Academy of Ophthalmology guidelines, we are in the process of rescheduling some surgeries. We will also be rescheduling appointments for next week. We will be making these decisions on a weekly basis. Our scheduling team is in the process of contacting patients, however please feel free to reach out to us as well. We are also finalizing the ability to see some patients electronically. We will let you know about this opportunity ASAP.
For those patients who visit our office, please be aware that we are screening everyone who comes into the facility to include a temperature reading. If you have experienced shortness of breath, fever, a cough or sore throat or muscle pain in the last two weeks, we ask that you please reschedule your appointment. If you have traveled outside the Tri-Cities in the last two weeks, please call to reschedule your appointment.
Our most important goal is to maintain the safety of our community and staff who serve our valued patients. We remain committed to winning this battle against COVID 19 and wish you good health!
Call (423) 929-2111
March 19, 2020
In an effort to safely serve our patients and staff, we are monitoring the Centers for Disease Control recommendations for COVID-19. The Physicians and Staff of Johnson City Eye Clinic and Surgery Center are taking every precaution to support the health of our community.
If you or a family member have an appointment over the next several weeks, we ask that you:
- Please call to reschedule your appointment if you have experienced coughing, sore throat, muscle pain, fever, or shortness of breath in the past two weeks.
- Please let us know if you have recently traveled outside the country or have had contact with a person known to be infected with COVID-19 in the past two weeks so that we may reschedule your appointment.
- Be aware that all patients, visitors and physicians and staff will be screened, including reading your temperature, prior to entering the facility.
- You please limit caregivers, drivers or visitors to 1 per patient. And that you please distance yourself from fellow patients in the lobbies.
Please understand that to ensure the safety of our patients and staff, Johnson City Eye Clinic and Surgery Center has implemented extra precautions to lower the risk of exposure to infection
- The check- in kiosks are cleaned frequently and all iPads and stylus are cleaned between patient use.
- Every clinical and surgical surface is cleaned before and after every patient visit.
- Common areas are cleaned numerous times each day. We have enhanced our sanitation protocol to include more frequent cleanings of door handles, bathrooms, chairs and counter space. There are extra hand sanitizers placed throughout the facility.
Please rest assured that we are taking the necessary steps to ensure the safety of our patients and staff. To learn more about COVID-19, please visit the Centers for Disease Control and Preventions’ website at cdc.gov
If you are concerned that you may be ill, please call your Primary Care Physician or Ballad Health’s Nurse Connect at 833-822-5523 to be screened.