Children are not just small adults. They cannot always say what is bothering them. They cannot always answer medical questions and are not always able to be patient and cooperative during a medical examination. Dr. Jeff Carlsen and the Pediatric Team at Johnson City Eye Clinic know how to examine and treat children in a way that makes them relaxed and cooperative. In addition, Dr. Carlsen uses equipment specially designed for children. Our offices are arranged and decorated with children in mind. This includes the examination rooms and waiting rooms, which may have toys, videos, and reading materials for children. This helps create a comfortable and nonthreatening environment for your child. If your pediatrician suggests that your child have his eyes checked, Dr. Carlsen has the widest range of treatment options, the most extensive and comprehensive training, and the greatest expertise in dealing with children and in treating children’s eye disorders.
Types of treatments provided by the Pediatric Team at Johnson City Eye Clinic
- Comprehensive Eye exams
- Diagnose, treat, and manage children’s eye problems
- Surgery, microsurgery, and laser surgery (for problems like weak eye muscles, crossed eyes, wandering eyes, blocked tear ducts, retinal problems, and infections)
- Diagnose problems of the eye caused by diseases of the body such as diabetes or juvenile rheumatoid arthritis (JRA) and other medical and neurological diseases
- Diagnose visual processing disorders
- Care for eye injuries which may include plastic or reconstructive surgery